Monday, March 24, 2008

Zhang Lao Shi

I had been a temporary teacher in my youngest brother's school since last monday..

Let's make it simple k?

The i dont like things..
  • Dont like wearing heels.. (tho i wear the flat kind punya) duh... i haven't wear heels for so long before.. walking up and down the staircase.. going from this side of school to another side...
  • Dont like wearing formal, as in no t-shirt and a must to skirt.. Cause this kind of clothing needs ironing.. Xp..
  • Dont like screaming and shouting in class.. Not that it's a must but sometimes it's just so automatically shout at the students..
The i like things..
  • Like seeing students understand what i teach them..
  • Like seeing funny stuff that kids did.. (continue reading for more info on this)
  • Like seeing students say 'Hello Zhang LaoShi' and 'ByeBye Zhang LaoShi' to me..
Funny stuff.. or stuff that makes me go =.="..
  • i was telling the students ''Whatever school fees or this and that fees that you all bring today, keep it properly ya.. I'm not going to help Lee LaoShi to collect from you all.. So dont come and tell me you wanna give me school fee again okay?'' Just like less than 5 seconds, there's this boy that come forward to the teacher's table, opening a folded paper.. i asked him.. ''What you want ya?''.. and he replied... ''LaoShi, i wanna pay the school fee..'' =.="
  • The student told me that their Lee LaoShi promised to bring them go watch CJ7 at the TV room that day.. i dont know anything bout it, so i said.. ''It's Lee LaoShi who promised you all, not me Zhang LaoShi, so i wont bring you all go watch ok?'' and the students goes.. ''But you also LaoShi mar...'' Yea right they got that correct but stilll... =.="
  • There's this Std1 Malay boy, he came out to me with his bottle, told me wanna refill water. I take a look at his bottle, still have a quarter of water.. ''You still have water what, later only go refill''. Few minutes later. the same boy came to me again, with his empty bottle this time, i allowed him to go, and he came back with his bottle full of water.. Another few minutes passed by, the same boy came to againnnn.... with his empty bottle!! He had already finished the whole bottle of water.. Goodness.. i got no choice but to let him go refill again... =.="
  • The students queuing up outside the class, waiting for their friends to clean up the classroom.. One girl came to me, ''LaoShi, her school bag zip spoil already..'' I went and look at the zip, yup, it's like stuck there dah.. ''you go back home, tell your papa and mummy that your school bag spoil already okay? then be careful of your books, dont let them fall of k?'' Then i wonder.. LaoShi also have to fix their school bag zip? =.="
  • I was too blur that i forgot i have to enter one of the Std2 class. I went back to my seat, sit down, look at my schedule on the table.. ''Aiya!'' The teacher at my side asked what happened.. i said.. ''Argh.. i'm dreaming, so blur lerh, now i got class but i come back office..'' Then i realised three of the girl from that Std2 class was at my back there, planning to look for me and ask me enter class.. Once the four of us stepped out of the office, the three girls go ha-ha-ha.. laughing about my blur-ness.. then i told them in a joking manner, ''Dont go around telling your friends in class ar!'' Then they stop laughing that much ler.. =.="
  • I was teaching BM in the Std1 class.. ''Ke+re+ta---> Kereta'' That's what i write on the board, the plus sign and the arrow sign is already in thier workbook, i write it on board too, thinking that they might have a better picture of what is this teacher teaching.. Who knows, one boy show me his book, and this is what i saw ''Ke++re++ta--->Kereta'' Luckily he didnt add '--->' down.. =.="
I realised, the Std1 and 2 students, just after i finish teaching them one question, they like to come out to the front and show me what they did.. I guess, as kids, they are not sure of whether they did it correctly, or can say that they wanna get assurance from teacher, wanna show teacher that they are smart.. So what i do is give them a nodding, or by saying.. ''yup, correct..'', in a sense to give them more confident in what they did..

I would say overall i kinda enjoy teaching.. But i really dislike the 'The i dont like things' that i mentioned earlier just now.. oh well... For now, let's talk about my uni application.. (if i'm, not mistaken lar.. Xp..)
1st: UM-TESL
2nd: UM-ECE
3rd: UKM-Sastera (Pengajian BI)
4th: UPM-Sastera (BI)
5th: UKM-Komunikasi
6th: UPM-Komunikasi Media
7th: UKM-Komunikasi dan Pengurusan Maklumat
8th: UPM-Psikologi


Do pray for my Uni application.. Hope to get 1st and 2nd choice either one.. Pray that God will indeed be good to me and lead me all way long.. Pray that i'm okay with teaching, well i'm okay lar, just that my throat not okay.. oh well... thanks for praying in advanced.. =)

tata =)

9 comments:

Justin Tan said...

guess now l hv 2 think twice if l still 1 2 besome a lao shi
haha xp

wen said...

haha... well, i do enjoy being a lao shi... =)

ruth lee wan said...

so funny la. i laugh until dunno like what. giggling.s o cute la the kidssssssssss! you'll be a good teacher! :) i believe in you.

wen said...

hahaha... okay.. control girl.. control.. Xp..

- llydia - said...

TESL! smart choice. :) haha.

- llydia - said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wen said...

to lydia--
ooo... u think so? Xp..

- llydia - said...

Yes i think so. :) Cos i'm (partly) doing it here at uni! :P hehehe.

wen said...

to lydia--
ooo.. good good..
since u reply me on this blog's comment.. izit possible for u to check your mail? Xp.. =)